Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!

Politicians, Presidents, Hopefuls, Congressmen, Tea Partyers, and many many more:  Although at this time I do not believe anything they say, have time after time stated that America, in order to be a great America, must follow the Constitution which was put forth by our founding fathers with great inspiration.
At the same time, they take a major turn AWAY from the Constitution and vote to make themselves above the law and above the hard working people that placed them there.
Below is the Constitutional way to change America back.  I cannot believe as many people and politicians that have seen this, that there is still no talk in congress about it.  They seem to feel that they are so far above us that our own Constitution is not only in jeopardy, but I feel is laughed at by those in power and those wanting power.
This was not my original work, I only wish that I was that smart.  However, each night I pray to have such wisdom over any monetary means.   I still think that this shows the necessary steps to ensure our great country:

This was sent by e-mail as bipartisan in nature to both Democrats and Republicans. We should seriously consider helping with the changes suggested below.  This is something I will fight for and I hope you will too.

Constitutional Reform Act of 2011:
1-  No Tenure/No Pension
      A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives NO pay when they are out of office.

2-  Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.  All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.  All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3-  Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4-  Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.  Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or
     3%.

5-  Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the
     American people.

6-  Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7-  All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12  (would now have to be moved forward to a different year/date).  The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen.  Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.  Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.  The founding fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so our should serve their term(s) then go home and back to work.

If each person contacted just 20 people, then it would only take three days for most people in the US to receive this message.  Isn't it time?






No comments:

Post a Comment