Thursday, January 26, 2012

An Honored Profession?

Politics in my life has gone from being an honored profession to a corrupt money and wealth system that is driven on the back of America's 99%.

I had always voted for a Republican president except in the case of Bush Sr. and Bush Jr.  Please accept my apologies for those votes that I gave to the Republicans.  Tax shifts or borrowing money seems to be the only ways that the party of the rich want to use to cut the deficit.
I voted for President Ronald Reagan twice because he promised to cut the deficit.  Instead he extremely enhanced the military-industrial complex that the last great Republican President (Eisenhower) warned our country about.  Instead of cutting the deficit, the deficit was tripled.

I did skip two of the Republican presidents... President Fords was never elected and President Nixon was our last Republican president that did no severely harm our nation.  Yes, I am proud that I voted for him.  Then came President Reagan and his tripling of the deficit.  Next, President Bush Sr. that in 4 years had a banking scandal, in the means of the Savings and Loan bailout; started a war over oil (that I cannot necessarily say was wrong), and started the idea of personal rebates to boost the Republican cause, but ended up NOT giving it out.

Now, although I am ashamed to say I did not vote for him, President Clinton, a Democrat, is elected and during his2 terms he is hunted down by a Republican man (being paid by a Republican think tank) that was supposed to be an independent council.  This went on for many years. Yet during that time he cuts the deficit by over half and leaves a surplus for the next president.  Again, unfortunately, a man named Bush (Jr) who is not elected by popular vote, and has to have the Supreme Court make him president, President Bush Jr. comes to our leadership.  He quickly spends the surplus, robs Social Security, which has a surplus which is how that system works-bringing about the Social Security crisis that was predicted not to happen until around 2042.  He then starts two wars which are not necessary as President Clinton showed in using a team that wounded Bin Ladin and got within 50 yards of capturing or killing him before making the difficult decision to abandon that attack in order to save a fellow American soldier.   President Obama has also shown that we can get anyone without wars by using our fantastic special teams.  But now, because of our attacks, the number of terrorists has grown greatly.

After starting down the expensive, but never paid for, road to wars, President Bush Jr. hands out rebates using borrowed money that the country did not have.  Then, again like his father (Pres. Bush Sr.) he has a massive banking scandal that threatens to destroy our country.  After selling parts of America, even trying to sell American ports to the nation that had the majority of the 9/11 attackers (luckily congress and the popular voice turned him down); after massive bailouts to banks;  he leaves office with a deficit that is beyond belief.
Next the first Democratic President I have ever voted for takes office having to face the huge debt and nearly destroyed nation that is left for him. (During the Republican rebuttal of Pres. Obama's state of the union address of 2012, Mitch Daniels, a Republican, even states that the financial crisis was NOT caused by President Obama, but that is was there before he took office.)

I feel that most of the congress, both Democrat and Republican, must be stopped from selling out our country.  That is why most of them MUST be voted out.  I also believe it is time to get rid of the super majority (where 41 beats out 59 votes?) and be a true nation OF the people and for the people.
Speaking of a nation of the people,  Washington D.C., that is no longer mostly politicians and their families, and has more people than some states, still has no congressional vote or representation.  I believe it is time they get at least one congressional vote and one senatorial vote to ensure all people are represented as our founding fathers intended. Newt Gingrich (who is running for the Republican nomination) says that by the end of his second term (Heaven forbid!) he would have an American moon base, and when that base reached a population of 13,000 he would allow them to apply for statehood (which would give them 2 house votes and 2 senatorial votes).  This would by all means be a rich and Republican states.  This state would then have twice the votes that the Democratic stronghold of Washington D.C.   At that point, 13,000 "chosen" people mean more to Newt Gingrich than the 500,000 people who are denied the representation we fought the revolution war for, that made us a country.

This is not going to be a free ride for President Obama.  I have seen him set up special meetings and attempts to bring the country together.  I have seen him reach across the aisle to those who say their only goal is to see him fail to destroy him without a thought to what their inaction is doing to the country. I have seen him give in to them time after time.  Yes, it is a shame and beyond belief that his party will not back him because they want to assure their own re-election.  However, there is much he could do himself and has not.  It is way past time.  He has helped the country more than most know, cutting 7 trillion dollar down to 5 trillion in just 3 years.  But he too looks for re-election now more than helping the country.  I knew his great effort and somewhat success of health care reform was hard, filled with lies from opponents and lacking full support from his own party.  However, he still got "something" through that has always failed due to lobbies and money against it.  It was not time to stop.  We elected him to lead and I know he can be great at it.  Change what he can by himself and not worry about re-election.  Greatness will be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment