Friday, July 20, 2012

Military and Mitt Romney

Mr. Romney has again stated that he would not cut the military budget at any cost. 
The fact is that we are under siege in this country by gangs of foreign origin (making Idaho 5th on the list of gang members per capita).  We have terrifying security problems here at home- NOT in the oil fields where we are sending our young men and women. 2 of my sons have served in the military, 1 of which is just a few years away from full service.
I have been told by people that are "in the know" about what is happening- people far above even my son's ranking.  They have told me that our military would be far more efficient if cut back to 1/3rd of what it is currently.  I will not give names as I see how easily the new Republican party destroy people (even kill people) who openly disagree or point out different views than their own.  We had many Iraqis that were helping the US who paid with their lives and their families' lives.  This is the fear I have far more than those against our nation... it is for those who oppose the status quo of the Republican party.
Truth- we currently have 45 generals.  4 are deployed over seas.  I've been told if you want to talk to the other 41, you have to go to the gold course.  Sad- but true.
Yes, Obama should be given credit for Bin Laden's death.  We had the data under Bush, but he always let him go.  Film on Safe Zone from Kabul to Pakistan (in relation to 9/11) has many voices asking why we could not engage the flight carrying our country's enemies to the safety of Pakistan at the time.  I saw another show where our men were apologizing (these men are real heroes) and offering stacks of money for what we had done.
Although Clinton had Bin Laden within 50 years, had him wounded, he made the right choice in breaking off the attack to help one of our own in trouble....difficult call- but I feel Clinton did it right.
Now, after destroying 2 countries under President Bush and his oil people, President Obama used intel/info to be able to send in the Navy Seals and have Bin Laden killed.
What I call "New Republican Party" (I was Republican before Rove, Bush, Cheney) in pursuing these wars I do much more than fear more of our boys dying, and being maimed with 10's of thousands of other country's peoples being killed and maimed.
Yet Mr. Romney is a hypocrite in war, wealth, job, country safety- every time he opens his mouth.
Our Father in Heaven will not stand for a man that is prideful and self serving and these are the only qualities I see in Mr. Romney.

No comments:

Post a Comment