Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Testimony of Dozens and Dozens of Scriptures


I have found in one night, 15 different scriptures (far more over a few days) that warn us of wealth.
First, wealth is not against God’s ways or God’s will.  For if asked, and believed, and it is His will, God will help you to prosper as it says in the scriptures.  Yet how you use that prosperity is warned of over and over in the scriptures.  An example is in Mormon 8:36-37- “yea, even everyone,  have become polluted because of the pride of your hearts . For behold ye do love money and your substance more than ye love the poor and the needy, the sick and the afflicted.”
                However, God does say that we are to keep all of the wealth we need, and give the excess (that which we have beyond our own personal/family needs) to the poor and the needy.  Here I have tried and tried to give Mr. Romney all the benefit of a doubt, even though the scriptures say this more times than I can count (to keep what we need and give the excess to the poor and needy, sick and afflicted). Yes I know that there are many ways to help the poor and the needy, some better known by our Heavenly Father and Jesus, our Savior and not all understood by us.  I know that Mr. Romney has given much, through tithing, charities and through service without pay; so perhaps for some reasons we can’t comprehend he needs his excessive wealth… (perhaps to campaign for president?).  Perhaps as I said before, he gives over and over thus “spreading the wealth” so to speak, while I would give all at once and then maybe not be able to help in a future need.  However it is hard to reconcile with the many, many scriptures that warn us of the dangers of keeping and seeking riches for our own purposes.  A short one is: St. Luke 6:24 – “..but woe unto you that are rich, for ye have received your consolation” an in 3 Nephi 13;21- “For where your treasure is, there is your heart also.”  When one spends 14 million dollars in one state primary and then is endorsed by Donald Trump, it shows me that this cannot be so.  He (Mr. Romney) is for the rich and his programs are those that always benefit the top 1% the  most. 
                When he says that questions about economic inequality are about envy, he lets the true Americans that built this country know that he feels most people are not as great as he and other wealthy people are.  It also bothers me that he stated he enjoys firing people. I was a supervisor at a grainery while putting myself through college and part of my job each year was the hiring and firing of employees… I cannot understand how anyone can enjoy firing people. A prime example of this was shown when the Governor of Michigan stated on TV that when Romney was working for Bain, his advice was to let the entire auto industry go under. I believe it was just so he and his company could achieve more gain while thousands of people would be jobless.  Lucky for the country, AND Michigan, we had President Obama that unlike his predecessor, always has the vision of a strong America and yes, he bailed out the auto industry, but had a plan for pay back again unlike his Republican predecessor.  (And now, Mr. Romney wants to take credit for that, saying Obama “used” his ideas). Because of President Obama’s plan, the American auto industry is again on it’s way to becoming the top in the world. It seems questionable to me that with Romney’s thinking, Americans who worked and sweated to make a great product would have been destroyed, while the rich still got richer (through “usury”, that again we are warned about in the scriptures.).    We cannot afford this elitist type of thinking and governing. It has almost destroyed us!  The only reprieve or gain against the deficit was the Democratic Presidents we have had.
                President Obama also did this with the banks that caused our near collapse.  I personally wish he had let them go under, for all they have done is withhold the money that was supposed to be used to help Americans get back on their feet, and use the “must pay back” status to dishonor our country again and us that money to gain interest (for themselves) so they could pay it back quickly in order to dole out their huge bonuses (like 68 million dollars) again to the very men who ran the banks into the ground.  A HUGE slap in the face to America
                Tell me how these companies are free enterprise that “help?” the American people and not simply educated thieves that only exist for the benefit of the uber wealthy while they destroy our way of life.  And tell me how Congress can get away with insider trading while anyone else faces long jail terms.  Sure they have voted to supposedly “outlaw” that practice now—but they are quibbling about the “wording” of the law????   I am appalled at their hypocrisy!
                Mr. Romney is indeed out of touch with “regular” people, and has become another puppet of the Republican party.  I once thought he would not become that puppet, or that he could understand, but he now calls those making around $200,000.00 a year the “middle class” ?!?!?   (Guess that makes me severely poverty stricken).  I was forced to retire on disability due to multiple back surgeries over several years that resulted in a chronic pain and weakened health situation.  I am “wired” to help abate some of the pain, but my normal days right now are a couple hours up and around and a couple hours laying down.  I never sleep through the night, never am pain free. My wife and I are now on a fixed income that I am sure very few people could survive on.  I worked two or more jobs to put myself through college (even cleaning toilets at a Greyhound bus station) while starting my family and as a teacher and coach, I raised six children to become productive, tax paying, law abiding citizens on less than $50,000/year (my highest pay rate was around $42,000 before I retired).  I (even on my retirement income) and my children pay a much higher tax rate then Mr. Romney does on his 100’s of millions.
                Yet, I did graduate and become very successful in my field. I loved my job and teaching was my life and my heart until I was forced into early retirement.  But, by Mr. Romney’s opinion, I was looked down on, considered a failure filled with “economic envy” because I made less than $50,000.00 per year.  He is by far too out of touch with 95% or more of this country.  We cannot keep electing these rich, out of touch, politicians without destroying our country.  As it is, we have only  been able to rely on a few Democrats and Presidents to get us headed back on track.
                The amount of our money we need to use to help our Father in Heaven, for the poor and needy, etc., depends on our actions with it.  My writing of the difference between how I give and how Mr. Romney gives was something I wrote in his defense.  However, as I rewrite it here, word for word, I come to the conclusion that I give him too much credit.
                “I know that there are many ways that our Father in Heaven and our Savior, Jesus Christ, work to help us and not all are understood by us.  I know that Mr. Romney has given very much of his wealth to help others than himself.  It is possible that he needs his tremendous wealth, because he knows how to continually use it in a way that our Savior and Heavenly Father know of that has been beyond my reasoning.  It is possible that he uses and keeps his beyond belief wealth so that he can not give it all away at once as I would do, and then have little else to help with, but that he is wise enough to know that if he keeps much, he can continue to help the poor and needy “that comes to God.”  However, I cannot see this thinking actually come from a man like Mr. Romney for his extreme wealth leaves him with the inability to even know what the middle class is.  I cannot see even small wealth built on the backs of the poor and needy, or in face make all that money that they think is needed, to become that wealthy, is un-Godlike.  Yes, often wealth and abundance comes to one from God, but with that wealth often comes pride and a lifestyle of excess and the loss of the true purpose God grants us that abundance.  Many rich men become caught up in their own pride, thinking doing some “small” good justifies evil and selfish acts and lifestyles. It is not only disobedience, but a direct slap in the face of God.  After hearing Romney’s plans that show not only him being  out of touch with the poor or “true” middle class (whose income is far lower than he thinks), and his plans favoring the rich that have nearly destroyed our nation and still have the nerve to say that they did their jobs so well that they deserve these grossly inflated bonuses; well it shows me that I had indeed given him credit that he perhaps is not or may never be worthy of.
                We must remember the scriptures that state: (paraphrased) You are to give all your excess, that is not needed for survival, to the poor and need, the sick and afflicted.  Mr. Romney, now backed by Mr. Trump, in essence is saying that they need their uber millions a year!  (Last year a Fox reporter was decrying how hard it is to live on $250,000/year while at the same time bashing teachers for being so overpaid at $30,000 - $40,000 pe ryear).  One of his greatest deceptions, like Satan having many believe he is not real, is claiming that the less than 1/1000th percent tax (the greatest of all regressive taxes) he actually pays on his yearly income is truly American, while many of us are paying more like 30% of our barely make out income.    He claims that Americans who are spending their money in super-pacs are NOT trying as always to keep the greatest gap known as a class difference between them and us.  Mr. Romney says that thousands can be rich like him.  I know that some will increase a little, but that most of the American I know and love cannot do what it takes to b this wealthy and that not even 1 out of 1 million will see any increase in their wealth to what they think is the life of a millionaire like Mr. Romney and his counterpart keep them on a string for.  The nation will only continue to decrease in common wealth and in no way see the increase that these people lie about to rule the country and hard to believe, but truly only will gain much more obscene wealth than what they already hold.
                The below part is totally something that I have known for myself for many year.  And yes, I am not near to being a prophet, but I do have a great track record of telling those around me what will happen in the future given certain circumstances.  Thus, my strong Republican spirit, and being unable to vote for either of the Bushes.  I have felt for a long time, very strongly, one world political view that the scriptures warn us against, was not to be seen as those in power telling us, but without a doubt it is instead a ONE WORLD BANK OR FINANCIAL SYSTEM (and it is already here).  Yes, our own banks collapse and the ties of the stock market throughout the world, with the collapse of other world banks at the same time is starting to show me I am right.  Thus I know that the wealthy few, even possibly Mr. Romney, are being somewhat used, and will be as the scriptures have pointed out. It is time for us all to pray to God to help us all out of this deceit.
                Truth is truth and a lie is a lie, no matter what you think or gain from it.  Gingrich, Santorum, even Romney- all but the candidate we lost, Mr. Huntsman, believe in fear, wealth , and power to control the Rep. that will vote for them. 
                President Obama has decreased the 7 trillion dollars deficit he came to office with ( an out of control budget and deficit). So many who listen only to Fox News are unaware of these facts or that he is well on the way of decreasing that 7 trillion to 5 trillion.  In my life, I have only seen two presidents actually decrease spending and the deficit, coming close to balancing the budget, and to me tried to cure the fear that holds people to the Republican party, and they were both Democrats. These are actions we desperately need and I feel Romney’s plans to be complete opposite or against this.  The lies they have told and convinced us of has come to a great time in which it must DIE!
                I do mourn the loss of a great Christian, a man of great moral fiber, a man that wants to build America instead of divide and destroy it.  Yes, a man that knows compromise on important legislation is more important to Americans than hiding compromise by simply adding unnecessary port and unrelated personal perks and ear marks to legislation that is needed to run the country.
                From the first time I listened to him to the very last time, I found a man that was far above others and that might just return the constitution that the Republicans have destroyed, by changing the congressional vote back to the constitutional guidelines, rather than the three fourths (super majority) it now takes to make very important changes to our nation and constitution.  They did this by ramming through the Patriot Act that most did not even read.   Yes, homeland security is very important in today’s world.  However, it could be handled much better than through the destruction of human rights that our founding fathers held so dear.  We need not be a nation of fear, even if that is the top Republican agenda.
 I believe that Mr. Huntsman is indeed that man, and would know this and recognize this and many other mistakes being made from both sides. (If anyone wants, I would be glad to list them on my next posting).  I know that he would have given us much hope and prosperity, I also know that he is the father of 7, and a strong member of the LDS Church (that I belong to). 
                

No comments:

Post a Comment